Prevention and Treatment for National Guard Soldiers and Families
Knowing the facts is the best preparation - accurate and reliable information will be critical to your decision-making process.
You can find this information at:
Another source for information on pandemic influenza is the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Hotline at:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze—throw the tissue away immediately after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If you are not near water, use an alcohol-based (60-95%) hand cleaner.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- If you get the flu, stay home from work, school, and social gatherings. Help prevent others from catching your illness.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs often spread this way.